Apply Early starting Oct 1st! We begin reviewing applications mid-October and Interviews begin in December for the following academic year.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions (before Oct 1st)
- Apply to University via CalState Apply (Oct 1st - Mar 1st) Hint: Apply Early!
- Skip the optional Personal Statement
- Transcripts & Scores to Graduate Admissions (Oct 1st - Apr 1st)
- Official transcripts from all colleges you attended (How to send transcripts)
- GRE test scores sent directly to institution 4682
- Apply/Upload Supplemental Material at Interfolio (Oct 1st - Apr 1st) Hint: Apply Early!
- e-Request Letters of Recommendation via Interfolio
- Two letters from academic references
- One letter from a professional reference
- Only electronic recommendations allowed (input emails)
- Upload Personal Statements to Interfolio
- Two-page double-spaced statement giving reasons for choosing Homeland Security as a degree objective
- Two-page double-spaced statement on applicant's qualifications and degree-relevant life experiences
- Upload Unofficial transcripts to Interfolio
- Upload current résumé or curriculum vitæ to Interfolio
- Wait for invitation to interview (Interviews are usually scheduled December-April as applications are completed)