The San Diego State University Graduate Program in Homeland Security will hold graduation ceremonies on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on
** TENTATIVE BASED ON COVID LARGE GROUP REGULATIONS **
- Location – USS Midway Museum, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, California
- Entrance – Enter via the ship's FORWARD bow (named "brow 1") stairs. Do not enter through the main guest entrance. For ADA accessible entrance, enter via the main entrance elevator.
- Parking - $10 paid upon arrival; see Midway.org for directions and details
- Guests – Each student may bring 10 guests, in addition to the student
- Additional Guests - depends on availability; announced days before ceremony
- Environment – You are on the open-air deck of an aircraft carrier in the direct sun; wind gusts are possible
- Sun Protection – Two hours in the mid-70s San Diego sun may be daunting; sunglasses and sunscreen recommended
- Guests with Disabilities – Access via the main elevators using your assistive equipment (none provided)
- Photographers - will take photos of all graduates, available for download in the days following ceremony.
You and your family are also welcome to take your own photographs.
- Tour – the USS Midway often allows entrance to main ship after the ceremony
(no re-admission; plan some time after the ceremony to tour with your family!)
- Food - not provided but available for Purchase from Midway Museum Café and gift shop (on lower deck).
Nearby restaurants may require a reservation (book early!)
For HSEC Graduates
- Attire – Business (suit and tie, or similar) or military/uniform attire
- Cap and Gown - NOT necessary but an option if you prefer
- Eligibility - Any students who are graduating last Spring, this Fall or this Summer are welcome
- Commencement - Most graduates also attend the larger College of Sciences Commencement
- Graduation Program - will be available to print for your guests one week before the event
- Front Rows - are reserved for the graduates (guests may sit in third row and further back)
- Arrive 45 min early - to ensure inclusion in graduation ceremony and complete necessary paperwork
2021, 2022 Event Schedule for 16th, 17th Graduating Class
|Pacific Time||Event||Presented By|
Please contact us with any questions or concerns